20120726

Tuesday and Wednesday…


Tuesday was a big drive on a slightly broken bus in the smallest tour group I’ve ever been part of. There were 4 of us…
We drove to a little town called Lacock (Lay-cock), which you may have seen if you like period movies. One of the most notable to have been filmed there is the colin firth Pride and Prejudice, amongst a whole raft of TV shows and a smattering of Harry Poter… The town prides itself on its look – no power lines, no TV satellite dishes, no modern architecture (and by modern I mean nothing newer than about 300 years)…it was beautiful and quiet and not yet really hot… After that we went to Bath. Beautiful, informative, full of tourists and sunshine. This is also where our bus broke a little… The front door had to be held closed with a length of rope and the air conditioning stopped working… After a very hot drive to Stonehenge I took a crapload of photos of a pile of rocks… There are more and bigger rocks than I had expected, but the whole thing is quite a bit smaller than I was expecting.  Then the long hot drive back into London. I finally got a chance on Tuesday night to climb up to the lions in Trafalgar square to get photos!
Wednesday was a relatively relaxed wandering day (I  ONLY HAVE 1 LEFT ON MY MONOPOLY TOUR!!!)  which ended with more theatre. Matilda (music and lyrics by Tim Minchin) is beyond brilliant. It was so much fun! I smiled the whole way through, except for that bit in the middle which almost had me in tears… I wish I could see it again. Every single kid in it was brilliant, esp Matilda.
Today I’m off to the Sherlock museum and Notting Hill.

1 comment:

  1. Adrienne Unger26/7/12 19:15

    Loving your stories! We thought Stonehenge was underwhelming too.But Summer has found you!And you visited Meriton!Hoping for a big photo night on our huge TV screen. Invite friends if you would like... xxx

    ReplyDelete