20120726

Mondays child is full of..... something...

Today is thursday. I wrote the stuff below on tuesday morning, about monday. the internet is a little hard to come across this week....

Theatre week. Monday. more sun. Today I took a train to oxford, then a bus to Abingdon, to see where my Mum lived when she was little. Its a nice area, a bit like a suburb splattered in the country side around Oxford. The houses all look the same, but there is space and grass and a creek which runs through which would make a great place for kids to play. Back into Oxford with only a couple of hours to explore, so I caught an open topped tour bus. I ended up with my jumper on purely so I wouldn't get sunburnt!
A fast train back into London - still took an hour - then more time on the tube. I think there are only 2 lines I haven't been on yet, so I'll get them in before the end of the week! After a quick shower I was off to the Globe to see Taming of the Shrew. Gen gave me a yard ticket. It was so much fun! Standing up for 3 hours, with a stair railing to lean on, laughing and cheering at Shakespeare. It really was a great experience, seeing Shakespeare as it was intended. And the weather was prefect for it.
Early to bed and early to rise, touring out to Bath and Stonehenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment