20120727

Day 23…


You’d think by now I’d be running short of things to do and see…  ah, no. Thursday was another lovely sunny day so I headed out to see 221b Baker St, and Abbey Road (where I have a number of pics of me dodging traffic) and Notting Hill. Notting Hill had 2 attractions – the blue door, which I found, and Portobello road, which they sing about in Bedknobs and Broomsticks.  It was getting pretty hot then, so I hopped on a bus and took the long way into Trafalgar square (would have been much easier and quicker to take the tube) and went to the National Portrait Gallery. It was good, and as is typical of museums and galleries, set to the perfect snoozing atmosphere. I came back to the Hostel and had that nap, then it was off to see the BBC National Orchestra of Wales performing Elgar, Debussy and Ravel at the Royal Albert Hall. It’s an amazing building, and the music was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment